Our customer promise shows that there is nothing more important, than your enjoyment, comfort and safety when you have a treatment with us. That is why we pledge to adhere to the highest industry standards.
We welcome your questions and will strive to address any concerns you may have before, during or after your treatment.
Our promise to you…..
#1. With your safety in mind:
• We sanitise and disinfect all reusable tools in accordance with industry “best practices.”
• Any tools that can’t be disinfected, are disposed of or given to the client after a single use.
• We wash our hands before and after each service.
• We use clean towels and implements for each client.
• We will never use a blade to cut your skin, including calluses. Heavy callus should be addressed by a podiatrist.
• We only use quality, professional-grade, cosmetic-grade, safe products that have been approved by the Therapeutic Goods Administration.
• We take steps to minimize your expose to odors, vapors, and filing dust during your treatment. These steps include using covered garbage bins, cleaning as we work and keeping products tightly sealed after each use.
• We have Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) on all the products we use. If you have any questions about the safety of a product being used during your service, please ask.
• If we use an electric drill during your acrylic refill please be assured that we have undergone training on how to use it safely and painlessly.
#2 We take pride in our professionalism:
• Our certificates are displayed.
• During your first visit, we may ask you to complete a client questionnaire form so that we are aware of and can take every precaution if you have any health conditions — like cancer, diabetes, epilepsy, — that may affect the quality of your service.
• If necessary, we will make recommendations for at-home maintenance after your treatment. We encourage you to understand your role in keeping your nails/skin in a healthy condition.
• We regularly attend classes in which we learn up-to-date techniques, health and safety, and product knowledge to enhance the quality and safety of each service we offer.
#3 Acrylic removal process
The health of your nails is our utmost priority when removing the acrylic. We use a “soaking” process that is kind and gentle to your nails. We also provide a manicure after the removal process to ensure that your nails look and feel their best. Then we apply a nail hardener or nail polish depending on your needs.
WE DO NOT FORCE THE ACRYLIC FROM YOUR NAILS BEDS!
#4 Shellac/Gel Polish Removal
When removing Shellac or Gel polish from your nails, we use a “no drilling” removal process by using special “soak off pads” and a gentle remover that dissolves the gel polish from your nail beds.
WE DO NOT DRILL OFF THE SHELLAC/GEL POLISH!
#5 If you are concered about the safety of the UV/LED Lamps we use
• According to Dr. Robert M. Sayre, Ph.D., of Rapid Precision Testing Laboratories one of the creators of the SPF rating system: “UV Nail Lamps are safer than natural sunlight or sunlamps.”
• Dr. David Valia, Director of Research and Development for CND, compares the exposure from a UV lamp to that of indoor fluorescent lighting. He explains, “The amount of energy from a UV lamp during a nail service would be roughly equivalent to the amount of UV exposure one would experience during a typical day of exposure in indoor fluorescent lighting at the office.”
• According to Dr. Sayre: “People who are indoors have little to no skin risk due to long term exposure to fluorescent lighting. People who sunbathe or work outdoors have real risks of excessive UV exposure, the cause of sunburn and skin cancer.”
• “The CND UV Nail Lamp bulb emits almost exclusively (more than 99%) UVA-1, the safest part of the ultraviolet spectrum,” says Dr. Sayre.
• The exposure from a tri-weekly UV manicure is equivalent to “an extra 1-2 minutes in daylight each day between salon visits,” says Doug Schoon, CND’s Chief Scientific Advisor and author of Nail Structure and Product Chemistry.
#6 You may be concerned about the safety of receiving a manicure or pedicure. Here is what we do to ensure your total safety:
• We have cleaning/sanitising protocols in place that are conducted after each client and at the end of each day.
• Our implements are disinfected or disposed of accordingly. Please be assured that any manicure/pedicure implements that cannot be disinfected, will be disposed of after use on a single client.
• All tools and implements that can be safely reused — such as nail files, buff blocks, clippers and electric file bits etc, will be disinfected according to industry/manufacturer’s standards.